One fine morning in early June, when we were in good spirits (in spite of my incipient cold, everyone was in a perfect mood) I felt the familiar sensation of numbness again.

On the left shin, an apple-size area of the skin got numb. My beloved man knitted his brows at once and realized that everything was going to repeat as it was at the first time, but a little differently.

We went to the neurologist who had examined me the very first time. We took all the pictures brought from Singapore to the appointment.
Having done the test, she tried to explain, as gently as possible that the time was up to visit a neurologist in the special centre for such cases, similar to mine.

The next morning, having got to the special centre, we were waiting patiently to be invited into the consulting room. The first thing neurologist Victor Petrovich asked us to do was to start a medical card. And then, nerves could not stand it: I burst into tears, began to shout loudly at the doctor, told him a lot of rude words, threw the medical referral in his direction and ran out of the room in hysterics.

Sasha tried to persuade me to go back into the consulting room. I stood my ground:
«The doctor does not want to help me!»

When my beloved man asked what to do next I proposed to go to another specialist. An hour later, we had an appointment with another doctor.
Her name was Tatiana Dmitrievna. It was a pleasure to communicate with her, and right in her consulting room, we had an interesting conversation:
«Tatiana Dmitrievna, why there were no nidi on the pictures at the very first examination of the brain?» we asked the question.
«There’s certain dispersion in time», the doctor replied. «We will have examinations and watch, and perhaps it will become clear. Multiple sclerosis is now diagnosed only on the basis of MRI, and before this we can only guess».

Her answer made us think, that it might be true that all what happened was directly connected with the disease of multiple sclerosis although we did not want to know anything about it for so long.

I was admitted to hospital for observation and prescribed drugs for vessels. Time passed, but my state of health was getting worse. When passing a doorway, I hit my elbows all the time, feeling giddy, bending mostly to the left, and I also was shuffling my left foot.

After measuring the evoked potentials I was directed to do a brain examination by means of MRI.

I have already known that a contrast will be injected into my vein during the examination to see the activity of the nidi when detecting them. And that meant only one thing, namely that they really existed. A picture of the brain MRI follows.

Conclusion: MRI detected the demyelinating disease of the brain. The active phase.

On June 23, 2009, multiple sclerosis was diagnosed; I was told about it when I was lying inside a magnetic resonance imaging machine. Being afraid to move, I was gasping with grief. Barely holding back my tears, I was thinking how to tell my beloved man as calmly as possible about that terrible diagnosis.

I got dressed and went to meet Sasha in the car. Tangling him while talking, after all, I managed to get him in a less troubled manner to the fact that the diagnosis is inevitable and the doctor was going to pronounce exactly that name.

But Tatyana Dmitrievna tried to explain that it was possible to live with the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, and even for a long time, if you have everything under control. She sent us back to Victor Petrovich and wished good luck.